Education Under Attack, 2018
The fourth in a series, this current edition of Education under Attack examines the threatened or actual use of force against students, teachers, education personnel, or education facilities and materials. The report, which tracks attacks on education and the military use of schools and universities across the globe, shows that, between 2013 and 2017, attacks on education and military use of schools and universities killed or injured over thousands of students and educators and damaged or destroyed hundreds of schools and higher education facilities. Each country profile includes information on six categories of attacks on education, as relevant:
- Physical attacks or threats of attacks on schools.
- Physical attacks or threats directed at students, teachers, and other education personnel.
- Military use of schools and universities.
- Child recruitment at, or en route to or from, school or university.
- Sexual violence by armed parties at, or en route to or from, school or university.
- Attacks on higher education.