Curriculum Enhancement to Promote Safety, Resilience, and Social Cohesion
A Guide for Curriculum Developers
This publication is a series of eight curriculum development booklets focused on promoting safety, resilience, and social cohesion throughout the curriculum. The booklets should be read alongside other relevant curriculum development materials. The series includes:
- Booklet 1 – Overview: Curriculum enhancement to promote safety, resilience, and social cohesion
- Booklet 2 – Getting started: How do we organize the process?
- Booklet 3 – Key content: What are the desired learning outcomes?
- Booklet 4 – Curriculum review: Where are we now and where do we want to go?
- Booklet 5 – Curriculum approach: How will we get there?
- Booklet 6 – Textbooks and other education materials: What key messages do we want to convey and how?
- Booklet 7 – Teacher development: How will we support and train teachers?
- Booklet 8 – Assessment, and monitoring and evaluation: How will we know what students have learned?
The introductory booklet is the first in a series of eight which show how to address safety, resilience, and social cohesion at every stage of the curriculum development and implementation process. It explains why education ministries should strengthen the focus on safety, resilience, and social cohesion in their curricula, and provides an overview of the steps needed to accomplish this.